On Monday, we’ll discuss the Arctic, particularly focusing on recent developments in shipping, mining and territorial claims as that body of water becomes more accessible and viable for commercial activity.
Here are some resources to consider reviewing before our meeting (some short, some long):
- What Does China’s Arctic Presence Mean to the United States? (Rand Corp.)
- Changes in the Arctic (Congressional Background Paper, CRS)
- A New Ocean: The Legal Challenges of the Arctic Thaw (Ecology Law Quarterly)
- Arctic Portal (website to consider surfing)
- The Emerging Arctic (Council on Foreign Relations “infoguide”)