Having given the subject ten days to “marinate,” we’ll discuss the event itself, the actions of various parties before and after the event, and speculate about implications going forward.
As always, it will likely be a far-ranging discussion. But here are some potential sub-topics:
- Which parts of Trump’s speech should not be protected by the First Amendment? (Annotated here by the WaPo.)
- Was impeachment the “right” consequence for Trump’s action? What other alternatives could have been chose?
- Which members of government distinguished themselves in a positive way? A negative way? What “consequences” for those “negatives?”
- Has media coverage been fair?
- What should happen with the Articles of Impeachment going forward (i.e., how to handle the competing demand for time vs. confirming executive branch appointees, legislating, etc.)?
And I’m sure there will be much more…