For this coming Monday, we agreed to discuss the Biden Administration’s posture toward Russia, starting with the poisoning and imprisonment of Alexei Navalny.
- How meaningful (in a geopolitical sense) are the Navalny episode(s)?
- What should the U.S. position be to this event?
- What about all of the other issues that President Biden raised in his discussion with President Putin?
- How should the U.S. work with its allies on this issue?
- Do our allies want to work with the U.S. (at least in the way they have in the past)?
We’ll undoubtedly turn to, or otherwise work into the discussion, U.S. foreign policy in other global arenas.
Here’s an article, “Biden, Blinken and the Blob,” provided by Peter Sly to set the tone. The author is from the Quincy Institute, a seemingly unlikely collaboration between George Soros and Charles Koch.