Next week, we’ll revisit this topic that continues to be relevant and has recently returned to the headlines.
- Do we think, as some have asserted (NYT), that the assassination of a top Iranian nuclear scientist was intended to complicate any Biden Administration efforts to rejoin the Iran Nuclear deal?
- Or will it actually make a renewed Iran Nuclear deal more likely, as at least one other has speculated (WaPo)?
- Or will it expose vulnerabilities (NYT) within the Iranian government and its people?
- What should be the U.S. approach to Iran (and Israel)?
- And how will it all play out?
If there’s time and interest, we may also discuss Afghanistan (again)—another area in which the Trump Administration appears to be taking significant action before the end of the Trump presidency. Who’d have thought the New York Times Editorial Board would credit the Trump Administration with “laudable steps toward a U.S. exit?”