We’ll discuss life expectancy in the US vs. historical trends and vs. other, similar countries.
- What’s driving the divergence between US life expectancy and the similar statistic on other countries? Differences in…
- Health care?
- Obesity, diabetes, etc.?
- Drug addiction/abuse?
- Mental health?
- Economic differentials?
- What else?
- And what should we do (if anything) to close the gap vs. our peer countries?
Here are a few articles to get you going:
- NYTimes: The Rise of the Haphazard Self (courtesy of Duncan Neuhauser)
- Health System Tracker: How does U.S. life expectancy compare to other countries?
- Stanford Medicine Blog: Why is life expectancy in the U.S. going down? A Q&A.