This topic was discussed on July 15, 2013
- To what degree did race play a role in the Zimmerman trial?
- Would/should the outcome have been different if the roles were reversed?
- Was the prosecution case effective or defective?
- To what degree was the outcome defined by which side “put on a better show” for the jury? What might that say about the concept of a jury of peers vs. a decision by a judge (who might be less swayed by a “show”)?
This topic was discussed on August 5, 2013
- Who needs to be better educated?
- What does “better educated” mean…college, vocational skills, critical thinking, practical “life skills?”
- How do we emphasize more STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) education, which seem to be in high demand from employers?
- What is the role of, and outlook for, social studies, foreign language, English?
- Is this an issue that should be dealt with via Federal policy (regulation, mandates, etc.) or at the state and local levels?
- How should Federal, state and local input be coordinated?
As a registered Beyond Labels participant, consider the following resources:
The $4 Million Teacher (WSJ 8/3/2013)