There have been several banks in the news over the last few weeks, starting with Silicon Valley Bank and followed by Signature Bank, Credit Suisse and, according to current market speculation, Deutsche Bank. And there has been plenty of news coverage of the ins and outs of each bank’s situation.
On Monday, we’ll consider:
- What happened to each of these banks (and maybe others, such as First Republic Bank)?
- How could it have been avoided?
- Who’s at fault (what combination of management, the boards, the regulators, the administration, customers)?
- How do we rate the response (to date) to these events?
- Should deposit insurance be enhanced to cover more than the $250,000 limit?
- And any other questions/observations the group would like to share.
Given the ample news coverage, I’m not going to post any particular links or resources. But feel free to post a comment with one (or more) if you wish.