Next Monday, we’ll discuss US drug policy. Should drugs from marijuana to heroin be decriminalized and, instead, regulated?
- If so, should all be legalized, or should a line be drawn…for example, excluding the most addictive substances?
- Where should alcohol and nicotine fit into this policy?
- What benefits do we expect from legalization? Costs?
- Should we move quickly, or more deliberately (for example, to see how the Colorado and Washington experiments pan out over time)?
- What other issues should we be focused on, and what policy option do they support?