This subject was discussed on September 16, 2013.
- Is the line between “news” and “opinion” blurring and becoming increasingly problematic?
- Does the availability of right- and left-leaning “news” outlets exacerbate the partisan divide in the country?
- Given the constitutional protection of “freedom of the press,” is there anything we can really do about any issues? (Other than not buying the newspaper, reading the blog or watching the TV news?)
- What is the audience for today’s news media…does it address only a small and skewed (by age, education, economic well-being) portion of the population?
- Is the general population sophisticated enough to critically evaluate what they read, hear or see on the “news?”