- What should the role of the Federal, state and local governments be in regulating food safety?
- Should local jurisdictions be able to supercede Federal or state regulation?
- To what degree does relaxing the rules for small farmers’ local sales put food safety at risk?
- How will the general population “know” whether less-regulated local products are safe until there is an issue?
- Assuming support for local farmers is a key objective, are such ordinances fair to those farmers who follow the rules?
- Does this issue cut across traditional ideological lines, aligning “conservative libertarians” with “organic liberals?”
A 360° Discussion of Foreign, National and Local Policy Issues