This topic was discussed on September 9, 2013.
The developments in Syria, and their repercussions in the U.S. and around the world, have dominated the news in recent weeks. On Monday, September 9, we will discuss what to do about the situation.
- What are the U.S.’s options for action?
- Under what conditions should the U.S. intervene?
- What should be the minimum “coalition” behind U.S. action?
- How should Congress vote? What should the resolution look like?
- Does the President have the authority to act without Congressional approval?
- What repercussions from a U.S. strike can be expected? By Syria? By Iran? By Russia?
- What precedents are set be action? By inaction?