This topic is scheduled to be discussed August 12, 2013
- What penalty, if any, is appropriate for current undocumented immigrants?
- What should be the path to “green card”-type eligibility and citizenship?
- At what point along this path should the “social safety net” and other benefits (education, social security, Medicare/Medicaid) be available to immigrants?
- What quotas or other limits to immigration should be in place?
- Who should accompany an eligible immigrant (how broadly should “family” be defined)?
- What should be the criteria for citizenship of children born in the U.S. to non-citizen parents?
- How important is enhanced border protection (particularly the southern border) to immigration reform?