This topic was discussed on August 5, 2013
- Who needs to be better educated?
- What does “better educated” mean…college, vocational skills, critical thinking, practical “life skills?”
- How do we emphasize more STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) education, which seem to be in high demand from employers?
- What is the role of, and outlook for, social studies, foreign language, English?
- Is this an issue that should be dealt with via Federal policy (regulation, mandates, etc.) or at the state and local levels?
- How should Federal, state and local input be coordinated?